BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Introductions

For as long as I can remember, I've been a fan of art in all its forms. I had prints and posters hanging in my walls of pieces I liked even when I was six. But it wasn't until I was 14 that I began to take interest in learning how to draw or paint, and it wasn't until I was 17 I began to really understand why I loved the freedom art gave me to express anything I wanted. Shortly afterward, I discovered digital art and graphic design, and quickly decided that was the career for me. I began working with Photoshop, learning everything I could from the internet, books, and others while still continuing in traditional media. After many bumps and falls in my life, I finally got a copy of CS3 and a tablet and am completely obsessive. I have also recently discovered Corel Painter X and have been learning the ropes of the program. Being able to use both in harmony to create a final piece really makes my life easier! When I am feeling a monster case of artist's block, I like to take a break from all my normal forms of art and play with Apophysis to get the juices flowing again. Currently I use Beta Verison 2.08 and the 3D hack.

For those of you who have no clue what my last two sentences meant, Apopyhsis is a program that is used to create fractal images such as this and this. There is also a good explanation of what fractals are, as well as pages of gallery imageshere. Finally, Apohysis(Apo, for short) is a free program and if you'd like to play around with it, you can get it here.

I'll be posting pictures I've done, tutorials and tips, links to useful sites, and hopefully I'll be helping others along the way.

My ultimate goal in creating this blog is to share what I've learned and learn more. I have many, many things I'd like to cover, and ever more I'd like to explore and I'd love to share it all as I go along.

0 comments: